This weekend I was invited to NuArt Festival in Stavanger, Norway. For a small city with only 130,000 residents the amount of street art is awesome. The city discovered large amounts of oil that led to rapid growth from the 1970s onwards. Consequently, the city is very wealthy and, despite a conservative attitude towards graffiti, thanks to the ongoing efforts of NuArt’s organisers (including the magnanimous Martyn Reed), the city opens its arms to artists each year to paint the otherwise bland walls.
This year welcomed artists from all over the World, including: How and Nosm, Ron English, Aakash Nihalani, Saber and Jordan Seiler from the USA, Eine, Sickboy and Mobstr from the UK, The Wa from France, Neils ‘Shoe’ Muelman from the Netherlands and Norway’s own Dolk.
Here is a selection of some great pieces from this year’s festival. Expect a lot more photos in the coming weeks, including choice pieces from previous festivals! Pack an umbrella because here we go!
How and Nosm:
this piece shows an oil slick running from a cash point down to the sea!
- NuArt: www.nuartfestival.no and www.nuart.no
- How and Nosm: www.howandnosm.com
- Ron English: www.popaganda.com
- Aakash Nihalani: www.aakashnihalani.com
- Saber: www.saberone.com
- Jordan Seiler: www.publicadcampaign.com
- Dolk: www.dolk.no
- Ben Eine: www.einesigns.co.uk
- Sickboy: www.thesickboy.com
- Mobstr: www.mobstr.org
- Shoe: www.nielsshoemeulman.com
- The Wa: www.the-wabsite.com